Benefits of Membership
As a member of the Industry Advisory Board of the CVDI, you will have access to the leading-edge developments in Visual and Decision Informatics and have an opportunity to provide direction to the center's research projects that directly reflect the need of your organization and potential end-users of the technology. You will also have access to the interdisciplinary knowledge base from academic researchers and engage with other industry advisory board members to explore potential opportunities.
Benefits of membership include:
- One-stop access to interdisciplinary university professors, post-doctoral researchers, graduate students from partner universities
- A well-equipped venue to investigate a research topic that may otherwise be expensive to investigate with your existing staff
- Formal periodic project reviews along with continuous informal interaction and timely access to reports, papers and intellectual property generated by the center, which significantly reduces your risk to validate your innovative ideas
- Convenient access to world-class facilities, including cloud computing, supercomputing and immersive visualizations
- Recruitment opportunities to attract outstanding graduate students
- Opportunity to network and collaborate with other industry advisory board members to explore joint venues of collaboration
- Leverage R&D investments and access external technologies; the NSF matches one dollar for every three dollars jointly spent by industry members.