Dmitri Perkins, Ph.D.
Title: Associate Professor, Hardy Edmiston Endowed Professor in Computer Science, UL Lafayette
- Phone: (337) 482-6732
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.cacs.louisiana.edu/~perkins/
Ph.D. - Computer Science and Engineering
Michigan State University
(1997 – 2002)
Master's degree - Computer Science and Engineering
Michigan State University
(1995 – 1997)
Bachelor of Science (BS) - Computer Science
(1991 – 1995)
He is the Hardy Edmiston Endowed Professor of Computer Science in The Center for Advanced Computer Studies (CACS) at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. I received the NSF CAREER Award in 2005 and was selected as the Outstanding Professor in the College of Sciences in 2012. I am the Founder and Director of the Wireless Systems and Performance Engineering Research (WiSPER) Laboratory, at the University of Louisiana. Our research spans the area of mobile and wireless communications & networking, including mobile ad hoc networks, sensor networks, broadband multi-hop wireless networks, cognitive radio networks, dynamic spectrum access, and IoT/Cyber-physical systems (CPS). Our research thrusts center on the design of adaptive protocols, autonomic network management, and performance engineering.
- Reza Soosahabi, Naraghi-Pour, and Dmitri Perkins, “Optimal Probabilistic Encryption for Secure Detection in Wireless Sensor Networks,” accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security.
- Khattab, A.; Perkins, D.; Bayoumi, M., “Design, Implementation and Characterization of Practical Distributed Cognitive Radio Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol.PP, no.99, pp.1-12, September 2013. (pdf)
- Yan He and D. Perkins, “Achieving Seamless Handoffs via Backhaul Support in Wireless Mesh Networks,” Springer Telecommunications System Journal, Vol. 52, Issue 4, pp. 1917-1930, April 2013. (pdf)
- Ahmed Khattab, Dmitri Perkins, and M. A. Bayoumi, “Opportunistic Spectrum Access: From Theory to Practice,” IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine: Applications of Cognitive Radio Networks, vol.7, no.2, pp. 62-68, June 2012.
- Ahmed Khattab, Dmitri Perkins, and M. A. Bayoumi “Probabilistic Framework for Opportunistic Spectrum Management in Cognitive Ad-hoc Networks,” EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, Vol. 2011, no. 188, pp., November 2011. (pdf)
- Van Nguyen and Dmitri Perkins, “A Cooperative Diversity-Based Opportunistic Virtual MISO (OVM) Protocol for Multi-Hop Wireless Networks,” International Journal of Sensors, Wireless Communications and Control, Vol. 1 Issue 2, pp. 137-146, (2011)