Klaus Mueller, Ph.D.
Title: Professor of Computer Science, Stony Brook University; Senior Adjunct Scientist, Computational Science Initiative, Brookhaven National Lab
- Phone: (631) 632-1524
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www3.cs.stonybrook.edu/~mueller/
PhD - Computer Science
The Ohio State University
(1995 - 1998)
MS - Biomedical Engineering
The Ohio State University
(1988 - 1991)
BS - Electrical Engineering
Polytechnic University of Ulm, Germany
(1983 - 1987)
Klaus Mueller received a PhD in computer science from The Ohio State University in 1998. He is currently a professor in the Computer Science Department at Stony Brook University and is also a senior adjunct scientist at Brookhaven National Lab. From 2012-2015, he served as the founding chair of the Computer Science Department at SUNY Korea and he was also VP for Academic Affairs and Finance at SUNY Korea for two years. His current research interests are visual analytics, data science, medical imaging, and high-performance computing. He won the US National Science Foundation Early Career award in 2001, the SUNY Chancellor Award for Excellence in Scholarship and Creative Activity in 2011, and the Meritorious Service Certificate of the IEEE Computer Society in 2016. To date, he has authored about 200 peer-reviewed journal and conference papers, which have been cited more than 8,200 times. He is a frequent speaker at international conferences, has organized or participated in 18 tutorials on various topics, chaired the IEEE Visualization Conference in 2009, and was the elected chair of the IEEE Technical Committee on Visualization and Computer Graphics from 2012-2015. He is currently an associate editor-in-chief of IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics and a senior member of the IEEE.
- Xie, W, Zhong. W. Xu. K. Mueller, “Analytics of Heterogeneous Data using Hypergraph Learning,” (to appear), ACM Trans.on Intelligent Systems and Technology, 2018.
- Cheng, W. Xu, K. Mueller, “RadViz Deluxe: An Attribute-Aware Display for Multivariate Data,” Processes, 5(4): 75-92, 2017.
- Wang. A. Zelenyuk, D, Imre, K. Mueller, “Big Data Management with Incremental K-Means Trees–GPU-Accelerated Construction and Visualization”, Informatics, 4(3): 24-38, 201 C. Xie, W. Zhong, K. Mueller, “A Visual Analytics Approach for Categorical Joint Distribution Reconstruction from Marginal Projections,” IEEE Trans. on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 23(1):51-60, 2017 (won Honorary Mention (1 of 2) Best Paper Award at IEEE VIS 2016) S. Cheng, K. Mueller, “The Data Context Map: Fusing Data and Attributes into a Unified Display,” IEEE Trans. on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 22(1): 121-130, 2016.
- Wang. K. Mueller, “The Visual Causality Analyst: An Interactive Interface for Causal Reasoning,” IEEE Trans. on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 22(1): 230-239, 2016
- Ruchikachorn, K. Mueller, “Learning Visualizations by Analogy: Promoting Visual Literacy through Visualization Morphing,” IEEE Trans. on Visualization and Computer Graphics,29(9):1028-1044, 2015.
- Zhang, K. McDonnell, E. Zadok, K. Mueller, “Visual Correlation Analysis of Numerical and Categorical Data on the Correlation Map,” IEEE Trans. on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 21(2): 289-303, 2015 J. Lee, K. McDonnell, A. Zelenyuk, D. Imre, K. Mueller, “A Structure-Based Distance Metric for High-Dimensional Space Exploration with Multi-Dimensional Scaling,” IEEE Trans. on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 20(3): 351-364, 2014.
- Zheng, E. Papenhausen, K. Mueller, “DQS Advisor: A Visual Interface and Knowledge-Based System to Balance Dose, Quality, and Reconstruction Speed in Iterative CT Reconstruction with Application to NLM-Regularization,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, 58(21):7857-73, 2013.
- Wang, P. Ruchikachorn, K. Mueller, “SketchPadN-D: WYDIWYG Sculpting and Editing in High-Dimensional Space,” IEEE Trans. on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 19(12): 2060-2069, 2013.
- Zhang, B. Wang, F. Ahmed, IV Ramakrishnan, R. Zhao, A. Viccellio, K. Mueller, “The Five Ws for Information Visualization with Application to Healthcare Informatics, ” IEEE Trans. on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 19 (11):1895-1910, 2013.
- Zhang, X. Tong, K. McDonnell, A. Zelenyuk, D. Imre, K. Mueller. “An Interactive Visual Analytics Framework for Multi-Field Data in a Geo-Spatial Context” Tsinghua Science and Technology on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 18(2), April, 2013.
- Ha, S. Matej, M.Ispiryan, K. Mueller, “GPU-Accelerated Forward and Back-Projections with Spatially Varying Kernels for 3D DIRECT TOF PET Reconstruction,” IEEE Transaction on Nuclear Science, 60(1):166-173, 2013.
- Xu, S. Ha, K. Mueller, “Database-Assisted Low-Dose CT Image Restoration,” Medical Physics, 3(40):031109, 2013.
- Papenhausen, Z. Zheng, K. Mueller, “Creating Optimal Code for GPU-Accelerated CT Reconstruction Using Ant Colony Optimization,” Medical Physics, 3(40): 031110, 2013.
- Nam, K. Mueller, “TripAdvisorN-D: A Tourism-Inspired High-Dimensional Space Exploration Framework with Overview and Detail,” IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 19(2): 291-305, 2013.