Yevgeni Koucheryavy, Ph.D.
Title: Professor, Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Tampere University
- Phone: +358 (0) 40 7710619
Dr. Tech., NGN
2000 - 2004
MSc, Cand.Sc., Telecommunication Networks
Saint Petersburg University of Telecommunications
(MSc in 1997; CAN.Sc. in 1999)
1991 - 1999
Yevgeni Koucheryavy is a Full Professor (tenured) and Lab Director at the Faculty of Computing and Electrical Engineering of Tampere University of Technology (TUT), Finland. He received his PhD degree (2004) from the TUT. Yevgeni has been teaching from 1996 for different target groups, students and professionals in Austria, Brazil, China, Czech Republic, Finland, Ireland, Russia, Kazakhstan, Sweden, Spain, UK and USA. He has acted as a PhD evaluation committee member or examiner in >10 countries. He graduated 9 PhD students and > 70 MSc students. He has worked in a number of research and development projects within different frameworks, e.g., FP7, H2020, and companies including Nokia, Intel, Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, Cisco, etc. Within last 6 years (2013 – 2017) Yevgeni attracted over 6 mln Euros as a research funding. He acts as an external reviewer for state funding agencies of several European countries and H2020. Yevgeni has authored or co-authored over 280 papers in the field of advanced wired and wireless networking and communications. His Scopus h-index is 32 (Scopus Nov 2019). He holds two US patent and two pending. His current research interests include various aspects in heterogeneous wireless communication networks and systems, network and services performance evaluation, the Internet of Things, and nano-scale communications. Yevgeni is an Associate Technical Editor of IEEE Communications Magazine and Editor of IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials. Yevgeni is a Senior IEEE member. Yevgeni is a chairman of the board of YL-Verkot Oy and co-founder of Battery Intelligence Oy (BAMOMAS).
Selected Journals 2010 – 2013
- S. Andreev, O. Galinina, A. Pyattaev, K. Johnsson, and Y. Koucheryavy, “Network-Assisted Offloading of Cellular Data Sessions onto Device-to-Device Connections”, submitted to IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications: Special Issue on D2D, May 2013. JFO 3
- S. Balasubramaniam, S. Ben-Yehuda, S. Pautot, A. Jesorka, P. Lio’, Y. Koucheryavy, “A Review of Experimental Opportunities for Molecular Communication”, Nano Communication Networks (accepted), Elsevier, 2013.
- N. Vassilieva, Y. Koucheryavy “Effect of AMC on ﬁxed-rate trafﬁc with hard delay constraints in mobile broadband systems”, Wiley Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing (accepted), published online April 11, 2013. JFO 1
- M. Gerasimenko, V. Petrov, O. Galinina, S. Andreev, and Y. Koucheryavy, “Impact of MTC on Energy and Delay Performance of Random-Access Channel in LTE-Advanced”, Wiley Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, 2013.
- E. Belyaev, P. Moltchanov, A. Vinel, Y. Koucheryavy, “The use of automotive radars in video-based overtaking assistance applications”, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 2013. JFO 3
- A. Vinel, E. Belyaev, Y. Koucheryavy“Power Control in See-Through Overtaking Assistance System”, IEEE Communications Letters, March 2013, vol 17, issue 3, pp. 612 – 615. JFO 1
- D. Moltchanov, Y. Koucharyavy, “Cross-layer modeling of wireless channels: an overview of basic principles,” Wireless Personal Communications, Springer, DOI: 10.1007/s11277-012-0896-8. JFO 1
- S. Andreev, P. Gonchukov, N. Himayat, Y. Koucheryavy, A. Turlikov, “Energy Efficient Communications for Future Broadband Cellular Networks,“ Elsevier Computer Communications, vol. 35, no. 14, pp. 1662 – 1671, 2012. JFO 1
- A. Vinel, E. Belyaev, K. Egizarian, Y. Koucheryavy, “An Overtaking Assistance System Based on Joint Beaconing and Real-TimeVideo Transmission,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 61, Issue: 5, Page(s): 2319-2329. Year: 2012. JFO 3
- A. Vinel, C. Campolo, J. Petit, Y. Koucheryavy, “ Trustworthy Broadcasting in IEEE 802.11p/WAVE Vehicular Networks: Delay Analysis”, IEEE Communications Letters, Vol. PP(99) : p. 1–3. 2011. ISSN: 1089-7798. JFO 1
- C. Campolo, A. Vinel, A. Molinaro, Y. Koucheryavy, ” Modeling Broadcasting in IEEE 802.11p/WAVE Vehicular Networks,” IEEE Communications Letters, Volume: 15, Issue: 2, Publication Year: 2011, Page(s): 199 – 201. JFO 1
- D. Moltchanov, Y. Koucheryavy and J. Harju, ” Performance response of wireless channels for quantitatively different loss and arrival statistics”, Elsevier Performance Evaluation, Volume 67, Issue 1, January 2010, Pages 1-27. JFO 2
Selected Conferences and Workshops 2010 – 2013
- N. Himayat, S.-p. Yeh, A. Y. Panah, S. Talwar, M. Gerasimenko, S. Andreev, Y. Koucheryavy “Multi-Radio Heterogeneous Networks: Architectures and Performance”, IEEE ICNC 2014, February 3 – 6, 2014, Honolulu, Hawaii, US. Invited position paper.
- M. Gerasimenko, N. Himayat, S.-P. Yeh, S. Talwar, S. Andreev, Y. Koucheryavy, “Characterizing Performance of Load-Aware Network Selection in Multi-Radio (WiFi/LTE) Heterogeneous Networks”, BWA workshop, IEEE Globecom 2013, Atlanta, GA, US. Accepted.
- O. Galinina, A. Turlikov, S. Andreev, Y. Koucheryavy“Stabilizing Multi-Channel Slotted Aloha for Machine-Type Communications”, IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT) 2013. Istanbul, July 2013.
- S. Andreev, A. Larmo, M. Gerasimenko, V. Petrov, O. Galinina, T. Tirronen, J. Torsner, and Y. Koucheryavy“Efficient Small Data Access for Machine-Type Communications in LTE”, in Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), 2013. Budapest, June 2013.
- M. Gerasimenko, V. Petrov, O. Galinina, S. Andreev, Y. Koucheryavy “Energy and Delay Analysis of LTE-Advanced RACH Performance under MTC Overload,” IEEE Globecom 2012, IWM2M, December 7, 2012, Anaheim, CA, US.
- A. Vinel, E. Belyaev, Y. Koucheryavy “Using of beaconing for robust video transmission in overtaking assistance applications,” VTC Fall 2012, Quebec City, Canada, September 3 – 6, 2012.
- S. Andreev, O. Galinina, Y. Koucheryavy ” Energy-Efficient Client Relay Scheme for Machine-to-Machine Communication”, IEEE Globecom 2011, Houston, TX, USA.
- C. Campolo, Y. Koucheryavy, A. Molinaro, A. Vinel “ Characterizing Broadcast Packet Losses in IEEE 802.11p/WAVE Vehicular Networks”, IEEE PIMRC 2011, Toronto, Canada, September 2011.
- A. Pyattaev, S. Andreev, O. Galinina, Y. Koucheryavy ” System-Level Evaluation of Opportunistic Client Cooperation in Wireless Cellular Networks”, IEEE ICCCN 2011, Maui, HI, USA.
- S. Andreev, O. Galinina, A. Lokhanova, Y. Koucheryavy ” Three Node Client Relay System with Packet Retry Limit”, IEEE CAMAD 2011 (co-located with IEEE ICC 2011), Kyoto, Japan, June 2011.
- S. Andreev, Y. Koucheryavy, N. Himayat, P. Gonchukov, A. Turlikov “ Active-Mode Power Optimization in OFDMA-Based Wireless Networks”, BWA 2010, co-located with IEEE GLOBECOM 2010, Miami, USA, December 6, 2010.
- A. Pyattaev, S. Andreev, Y. Koucheryavy, D. Moltchanov “ Some modeling approaches for client relay networks”, IEEE CAMAD 2010, Miami, USA, December 3 – 4, 2010.