What are the benefits of joining a NSF IUCRC?
For more information on joining CVDI, please contact Matthew Delcambre, Innovation Managing Director.
IUCRCs offer a platform for significant leveraging of financial investment by members to accelerate the knowledge base in emerging technological and manufacturing sectors and develop an industrially savvy workforce to benefit US economy by:
- Leveraging of affiliate investment
- Access to faculty, students, facilities and infrastructure at all Center sites (18 senior faculty per center on average)
- NSF’s 40+ years of experience with the IUCRC program (performance oversight an external independent evaluation)
- Access to sector-identified, pre-competitive research
- Precompetitive industry relevant research shaped by members and faculty
- 90% of membership fees go toward research
- Sector networking, to learn from industry peers, competitors, customers and regulators
- Option to expand innovation capacity globally
- One Center; one membership agreement for all (all under one umbrella)
- Company savings: Lower risks, accelerate competitive R&D and internal cost avoidance
- Early and continual access to the discovery and innovation process as well as its results
Small Business Membership
Annual membership for small businesses are available at a reduced rate. A small business is as defined by the U.S. Small Business Administration; Small business members benefit from a greater ROI and can qualify for additional funding and subsidized fees through Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer (SBIR/STTR) grant.